- Bell Mobile TV now serves more than 1.2 million Canadians - 66% more than last year
- Watch Bell's full national Olympic advertising campaign - now available online
To learn more about Bell’s Sochi 2014 marketing campaign, please read the Q&A on bce.ca.
MONTREAL, Feb. 6, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - As Bell's Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games marketing campaign begins in earnest, the company today confirmed that Canadians have full mobile access to Sochi 2014 live and on-demand directly on their smartphones and tablets with Bell Mobile TV and the Bell TV app.
"As a premier national partner to the Canadian Olympic Team, Bell is proud to support our athletes and bring all the action from Sochi to our customers on any screen they choose. We're delivering the best of Canada on the best of Bell," said Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Residential Services, and ChiefBrand Officer at Bell. "We all have fond memories of Canada's Golden Games, Vancouver 2010, which is where the concept of mobile TV first began to take off. Now more people than ever will be watching Canada's best at Sochi 2014 on Bell's world-leading mobile networks."
Bell announced today that more than 1.2 million Canadians now subscribe to Bell Mobile TV, 66% more than a year ago. Coverage of Sochi 2014 will be available from CBC / SRC and on affiliate channels TSN, TSN2 and RDS, Sportsnet, and TVA on smartphones and tablets through Bell Mobile TV and the Bell TV App, which lets Bell Fibe and Satellite TV customers watch on the go over Wi-Fi networks (Bell is Canada's largest Wi-Fi provider with more than 4,000 locations Canada-wide including at partners Indigo, McDonald's and Tim Hortons).
Bell's Olympic advertising
Bell's Sochi 2014 multimedia marketing campaign is under way, including multiple new English and French-language television ads that feature Bell networks bringing Canada's athletes to Canadians across all screens.
The first ad - "The Best of Canada on the Best of Bell" - debuted during the Super Bowl, watched by an average audience of 8 million Canadians on CTV and RDS. The fast-paced ad features approximately 50 vignettes of Canadians of all kinds watching our athletes compete on TV, smartphones, tablets and laptops in all kinds of places, and has already received a very positive response on social media.
"With our Sochi 2014 campaign, we've worked to capture the essence of Canadians' warm and enduring support for our athletes, and all the ways and all the places we can watch and cheer them on at the Winter Games with Bell networks and screens," said Rick Seifeddine, Bell's Senior VP, Brand. "It was a true team effort to show Canadians from across the country cheering on Team Canada, and we hope everyone has as much fun watching the ads as we had making them."
- The Best of Canada on the Best of Bell - 60-second ad shot across Canada with approximately 50 vignettes of people watching the Games on screens at home, at work and at play. Created by Montréal's LG2 and featuring "Kalinka," a traditional Russian folk song, the ad celebrates both the broad diversity of the country and the broad number of ways you can watch the Games with Bell anywhere you may be.
- Gathering a Crowd - 60-second Bell Fibe TV ad featuring wireless TV and created by Leo Burnett Toronto. Beginning with a couple about to watch the Olympics on TV, things quickly escalate into a full-blown neighbourhood Olympic backyard party (music: "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities).
- Remote App - 30-second ad created by Leo Burnett featuring the Bell Fibe Remote app that enables Bell TV customers to turn their smartphones and tablets into a TV remote control (music: "Start of Something" by Action Item).
- Speed - 30-second high-energy animated Bell Mobility ad created by Zulu Alpha Kilo that takes the viewer on a fast-paced ride through some of the most exciting Winter Olympic sports, underscoring the speed of Bell's next-generation LTE mobile network (music: "Ready To Go" by Martin Solveig& Kele).
- 100 Channels - 30-second Bell Mobility ad created by Zulu Alpha Kilo and featuring Bell customers enjoying mobile TV content on their smartphones and tablets with the Bell TV App in a variety of settings (music: "Free to Go" by Kid Shimmy).
- Breakaway - 30-second Bell Fibe TV ad created by Zulu Alpha Kilo showcasing the benefit of Wireless TV, which frees customers from cables and holes in the walls and enables you to move your TV anywhere, anytime (music: "I Want to Break Free" by Queen).
- Bell Bustle - 30-second Bell Business Markets ad created by Zulu Alpha Kilo that illustrates how Bell helps businesses of all sizes do more by powering the screens that they and their customers interact with every day (music: Original score by Pirate Radio).
Need Bell TV support? Contact us email@example.com or right here and we will call you back to provide full support.